Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fashion Week New Orleans


Hey people!
So as I mentioned in my previous post, I attended day 1 of the 'Fashion Week New Orleans' series. It was a 3-day event and I was pretty excited about it because fashion is not something that is usually highlighted when one speaks about New Orleans. You hear about the food (I think my post was was enough proof), the music, and of course Mardi Gras  and the likes but never fashion. This was an opportunity for up and coming local designers to showcase their talents. I must say I was impressed with some of them. I have decided to share a few of my fave looks. Some of them are not really MY style but I like the way they look. 
Enjoy and feel free to leave comments. 
Attendees :-)


Love the ankara shorts



I absolutely loved this dress
Had to take a pic of the back!






From this.....

....to this!

Our very own Lola from Xavier :-)












LOVE!



I think she is SO beautiful!


Too cute!



And then we decided to fool around after the show and take our red carpet pics. We took some at the beginning but I'm yet to find where they are. Clearly, I became camera shy!




Rabiat & I


P.S. If you want the names of the designers, holla!

It was after this I headed out to the reggae spot hence the  lack of change of clothes! LOL!  I promise next time I'll make an effort. 

xxox...

No comments:

Post a Comment