Thursday, March 10, 2011

Once upon a time....

Hey people!
 Hope you're all gooooooood? Mentally, physically, academically, socially, physiologically, spiritually,....everything-ally?? If not, holla let me pray for you!
Sorry I went on a mini- hiatus... Exams got in the way but I'm glad to say I'm freeeeee ....at least for the next 5 weeks! Of course there is still work to be done but hey, we're taking each day as it comes right?! It's so weird how I wake up thinking I don't have much to do besides going to work and of course attending some boring lectures...but then by midday, I get scared to look at  "Wafou" because he stays giving me things to to. P.S It's pronounced "WA-FU". I'm sure you guys are wondering where that name came from and who that is... It's my loyal Moleskine planner oh! And the name was inspired by the phrase "Waiting for you".. Get it? (I hope so) and if not... leave a comment and I will take my dear time and expanciate!

  So, today is/was Ash Wednesday. Didn't get a chance to go to church but well, that's another reason why I love my faith-- I can practice it anywhere and know that He stills listens! Kinda dabbled on what to give up but it came down to.....*cough & *cough*. I'm somewhat weary about sharing what I decided to sacrifice because recently, I learned that people tend to take it personal when you tell others what it is you're giving up. Is that true? Personally, I have no qualms about telling people but I'd really like to hear your opinions on this.

I'm guessing you're all wondering what this once upon a time thing is about. Well, I was going through random files on my "Free Agent" and came across pictures of my during my days as a model! Yes, once upon a time I was a model... not the average one by the way.. The one on runways in CHINA! Yezzir! Okay, I kinda exaggerated there! Summer of 2009, I went to China for 10 weeks with the hope of spending the entire time doing research but somehow I was done within the 1st month. I spent the rest of my time there learning a bit of Chinese, touring around different cities and sites (e.g The Great Wall)... and somehow landed a mini modeling stint! Coming to think about it, I should have started this blog waaaaay back then, if not before, because I happen to have a typed up journal of my time there. Then again, the govt blocks all access to social networking sites and the like so I don't think I'd have even been able to keep it going.

I decided to share some of the shots taken. Note: I did not come up with the poses - some of you who know me well know very well know this! LoL!
Enjoy... :-)

Looking like a kid that just got candy!
                      




                            

...........AAAANNNNDDDDD it's a wrap!

P.S ... None of these were airbrushed by the way... If you look well you will find my flaws!

In other news, here's my #Song4dWeek:



 I'm a sucker for love and everything that has to do with it... #confession!
..................Moving on, this song has been on repeat since I first heard it. I hope Keyshia releases a video for this. Gotta luv her! She's one of the few "R 'n' B" chics whose albums I've always copped!.....
On that note, *now heading to iTunes to cop "Calling All Hearts". I'm kinda late on this one!





Chocolate kisses!

xxox...



4 comments:

  1. Loved every last one of them, the purple dress one especially ;-)

    P.S. Those pics were def airbrushed!I don't want to hear otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I guess I should've put the airbrushed version beside each one then u'll notice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww shucks! Ninma got a donk! lol

    ReplyDelete